Monday, September 22, 2008

Notes from the Under Belly~


Half way through the pregnancy with baby #4, I realized people say the craziest things! From the moment I found out that we had another baby on the way, the comment (positive and negative) along with the unsolicited advice never seems to cease.



Don’t get me wrong, a new baby is a special time in a couples lives and such a miracle from above. I am one of those crazy women you actual enjoy being pregnant! I have my days like everyone else, but the good days by far out weight the not so great days.

My favorite comments are from the baby boomer and older population. I guess it has been awhile since they have had their babies, and the actual facts have escaped their minds a little. Like a baby being potty trained at 9 months! Give me a break. Their kids were brillant or mine are just really slow~




When I found out that my hubby and I were in deed not finished with expanding our family, we told our family members.

My mom always said “if you didn’t have something nice to say, then keep it to yourself.”

Here are a few of the initial remarks I heard & my initial thoughts I kept to myself:

  • “Do you know by now how that happens?”- I think by having baby #4 on the way we do!

  • “What are you going to do now?” -Well I don’t know. Do I need to send back one of my other kids?

  • “Can you really afford it?” – We always seem to make it work.

As my belly has grown, so have the remarks:



  • “Wow you are really big for 9 weeks. Is there twins?”- I am not in my 20’s anymore and this is the 4th kid. Muscles do stretch!

  • “Can I make a wish?”- Can I rub your belly and make a wish?

  • “How much weight have you gained?”- It is not polite to ask a woman how much she weighs pregnant or not!

  • Are you due any day now? - No I still have 12 more weeks and thanks for noticing

Pregnancy is a special time in a women’s life. We try and enjoy every moment good or bad as it comes. Take the crazy comments in stride and if you are bold enough, where your thoughts on your shirt for the world to see! I Did!

To see more maternity personality t shirt brands, visit http://www.hstmaternity.com/. You will find Molly Anna Maternity, Cry Baby Maternity, Rock Star Moms, Merry Go Round to name a few.

No comments: